John P. Linton, Jr.
John is a trial lawyer who has tried cases to verdict in both state and federal court. He has also handled numerous appeals. His practice encompasses a broad range of areas including representing plaintiffs in personal injury, construction, and other cases; representing plaintiffs and defendants in business, commercial, and property litigation; and representing landowners in eminent domain/condemnation cases. John is regularly included in the lawyer ranking publications, such as Best Lawyers® and Super Lawyers®. He is also AV-rated, the highest rating offered by Martindale-Hubbell®.
John was born in Charleston and lives in the Old Village in Mt. Pleasant with his wife Julia, their sons Jack and Fritz, and their dog Buddy.
Areas of Practice
- Wofford College, cum laude
- ~B.A. Government (Concentration: Political Thought and Minor: Religion)
- University of South Carolina School of Law, cum laude
- ~Juris Doctorate
- The Honorable P. Michael Duffy, Senior United States District Court Judge, District of South Carolina
- South Carolina Bar
- United States District Court for the District of South Carolina
- United States Court of Appeals for the Fourth Circuit
- AV rating, Martindale-Hubbell®
- South Carolina Bar Young Lawyers Division Star of the Quarter
- Order of the Wig and Robe
- D. Reece Williams, III Award for Trial Advocacy
- ABA Real Property, Probate and Trust Journal
- Recognized by Best Lawyers since 2021
- ~Commercial Litigation
- ~Personal Injury Litigation - Plaintiffs
- Selected to Super Lawyers since 2023
- ~Civil Litigation - Plaintiff
- ~Rising Star: 2021 - 2022
- Litigation Counsel of America