Jennifer is a dynamic, versatile litigator licensed in both South Carolina and Florida, with regular practice before state and federal courts. She is well versed in civil practice and procedure, and has a strong track record of developing business, maintaining client-relations, and achieving favorable results for clients.
In addition to serving business clients in a litigation and advisory capacity, she has practiced in the areas of bankruptcy, personal injury, and complex litigation, including class actions.
She has experience as a small-business owner herself. She understands the excitement, opportunities, and challenges facing business owners. She knows business clients need quick answers, plain English, predictable fees, and a business-savvy advisor and advocate who takes a sincere interest in helping the business prosper.
Before earning her law degree at Florida State University, she worked for the U.S. Department of Justice, private firms, and in a family business. She completed the Business Law Program at Florida State, and through additional coursework obtained a Business Law Certificate with High Honors.
Shortly after she earned her law degree, she and her family made Mt. Pleasant home in 2015.
Areas of Practice
- Florida State University College of Law, J.D., cum laude, 2012-2014
- ~Business Law Certificate with High Honors
- ~Executive Editor, Florida State University Business Review
- ~Member, Florida State University Law Review
- ~ William H. Stafford American Inn of Court “Pupil” Member
- FSU Foundation Scholarship; Dean’s List (multiple semesters)
- FSU Distinguished Pro Bono Service Award; Book Awards in FL
- Dissolution of Marriage and Advanced Topics in Corporate Governance
- University of South Florida, B.A. in History, magna cum laude, 2005-2007
- South Carolina
- United States District Court, District of South Carolina
- United States District Court, Middle District of Florida
- South Carolina Real Estate Commission, Broker-in-Charge License
- Recognized by Best Lawyers since 2021
- ~Bankruptcy and Creditor Debtor Rights / Insolvency and Reorganization Law
- ~Business Organizations (including LLCs and Partnerships)
- ~Commercial Litigation
Legal & Community Activities
- J. Bratton Davis Bankruptcy American Inn of Court
- South Carolina Bar Association
- Florida Bar Association
- Charleston County Bar Association
- South Carolina Bankruptcy Law Association
- “What Every Entrepreneur Should Know About the Taxation of Internet Commerce,” 18 Journal of Internet Law 13 (2014) (co-authored with S. Hogan)
- “Trends in Franchising: Why So Many Firms are Going Public, Refranchising, and Consolidating Ownership with Multi-Unit Operators and How These Trends Will Affect Franchisor-Franchisee Relations,” Awarded Seminar Paper
- “After Beal Bank: Fixing the Disparate Treatment of Joint Income Tax Refunds in Florida Bankruptcy Courts,” Note (unpublished), Florida State University Law Review (written under Hon. Bruce A. Markell)